Regents Earth Science
Teachers: Mr. Campagna
Bring to Class – Every Day!
- Notebook / Binder
- Separate folder for all science hand-outs
- One pen and one pencil
- Simple 5 function calculator
Topics to be covered:
- Graphing and Energy
- Rocks and Minerals
- Geologic History
- Projects – Presentation: 30%
- Classwork & Participation: 25%
- Homework: 10%
- Quizzes: 25%
- Professionalism: 5%
- Notebook: 5%
- Exams will be given at the end of each unit.
Laboratory Activities (Labs):
- 30 completed labs are required in order to take the regents. If you do not have these labs, you will NOT take the regents.
- Labs are worked on with a lab group or individually or during class unless otherwise instructed.
- When working in groups, all students must turn in individual work.
Classwork and Participation:
- Lateness and attendance policies will be applied.
- Students are expected to participate in exercises in class.
- I would like the classroom to be a positive learning environment. A positive attitude and respect for fellow classmates is a must.
- Laboratory experiences may sometimes involve us using corrosive chemicals or other hazardous materials. During such labs, goggles must be worn at all times. Care must be taken to protect yourself and other students. Failure to do so may lead to disciplinary action.
I look forward to a great year. With a positive student, teacher and parent relationship, I know we can be successful.